What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy? Solar energy has become one of the most popular and in-demand forms of power. It is now widely used in residential communities, commercial properties, and even industrial businesses. There are also plenty of solar products like solar lights, solar batteries, solar water heaters, and more. If you are considering switching to solar, it would be best to learn more about the pros and cons.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Eco-friendly and pollution-free source of energy
- Renewable source of energy, you can use it again and again. And there’s always solar power available every day of the year.
- Ability to store power through solar batteries so you can use it at night
- You can transform solar energy to other types of energy – you can turn solar power to electric power or heat power for water heating – Here’s how solar pool heating works.
- Maintenance-free and easy to clean. Solar panels can last for decades.
- Having solar panels on your house can increase your property’s value
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Expensive installation and materials – high initial cost when you install for the first time
- You need large space for your solar panels – can be installed on the roof or the ground
- You don’t have solar power at night unless you have solar batteries
Although there are certainly some disadvantages to solar energy, they are very few and the pros surely outweigh the cons. When you know that you are using a form of energy that will help preserve Mother Earth, these disadvantages won’t seem like they have much weight at all. Plus, there are solutions to these. You can get financing assistance and even enjoy tax credits with solar energy. Most homes have areas exposed to the sun and can use it to install solar panels. And solar batteries are usually readily available from solar contractors.Read More